This is a blog about money. It is also a blog to offer financial advice for divorced dads. The key term being divorced. Every now and again I will go off on a tangent to give more general advice to those same divorced dads. Now being one of those times.
One of the most impactful books I read as I was going through my divorce was The 5 Love Languages. I read the book at the recommendation of my therapist, in an attempt to save my marriage. Unfortunately, it was too late for my marriage to be saved. But, little did I know, this book would teach me a valuable life lesson. The 5 Love Languages helped me better understand myself and has reframed how I think about relationships.
Love is an emotion framed by your emotional well being. You can love you partner, your pet, your iPhone, or your job. But what does love really mean? The 5 Love Languages argues that the definition of love is not really that important. Rather, it is easiest to understand love by the sources of your emotional fulfillment.
“People feel and express love differently, and understanding your partner’s love language is the key to a long lasting relationship.”The 5 Love Languages
What are the 5 Love Languages?
- fluoxetine st john's wort together https://servingourchildrendc.org/format/favorite-place-sample-essay/28/ https://samponline.org/blacklives/examples-of-sarcasm-in-essays/27/ sample 5 paragraph cause and effect essay pharm class of flagyl buisiness sample plan essays academic editing services south africa go site how to write a good college term paper follow site viagra sale online write my essay now new generic crestor cheap viagra generic 100mg https://cadasb.org/pharmacy/diabetes-zetia/13/ here https://eagfwc.org/men/prednisone-and-bad-dreams/100/ environmental thesis statement examples checklist grading essay source site qual o tempo do viagra https://www.longridgeschool.org/common/cinderella-character-traits/37/ buy pain meds without prescription go to site https://smartfin.org/science/how-prednisone-is-prescribed/12/ aqa creative writing a level training click essay on medical testing on animals source get link https://www.lapressclub.org/hypothesis/casblanca-critical-essay/29/ https://georgehahn.com/playboy/movie-about-the-invention-of-viagra/15/ Words of Affirmation: Give complements to your partner. Say thank you. Give positive feedback.
- Quality Time: Give undivided attention to your partner. Initiate Conversation. Put down your cellphone.
- Receiving Gifts: Buy something special for your partner with no reason or occasion needed. Make them something. Give them a handwritten card.
- Acts of Service: Do helpful things for your partner. Clean the house. Make dinner. Help the kids with their schoolwork.
- Physical Touch: Hold hands with your partner. Kiss. Embrace. Offer a massage.
I have listed the most basic and simplistic gestures for each love language that you can do to make your partner feel loved. Once you read the book, you will find more examples and ideas. You will also get a much better understanding of the different love languages. Finally, the book will help you pinpoint your primary love language.
Side Note: If you are eager to get started, you can take the free love language quiz here.
This book really helped me become a better version of myself. It gave me understanding about myself that I would have otherwise been oblivious to. I was surprised to find out that there was also a 5 love languages book for men, and a 5 love languages book for dads. So, pick your poison, but let’s continue on the path to inner discovery. Sometimes in life you go looking for financial advice, and you are presented with life advice. The question is… do you accept it?
Side Note: If you really ONLY came here looking for financial advice for divorced dads, then check out my book review of the ONE financial book that literally changed my life, The Millionaire Fastlane.